Maintenance Technician – Arlington, TXDate Posted: 05/19/2022 Maintenance Technician – Arlington, TX ,
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor. He/she is also responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property and working with the leasing team to maximize renewal and leasing opportunities. The Maintenance Technician will ensure that all duties are carried out with safety first and according to 180 Multifamily Properties policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Implement and manage the system for handling resident service requests. Whenever possible, all requests should be completed within 24 hours. Schedule the on-call rotation for the staff and assist with service as necessary.
- The Maintenance Technician will assist in being responsible for conducting all business in accordance with 180 Multifamily Properties, LLC company policies and procedures and all state and federal laws (such as ADA, Fair Housing, OSHA, etc.).
- Keep all safety material current and readily accessible. You must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records of preventive maintenance, service requests, and make-ready status of all vacant apartments.
- Schedule and perform minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspect and maintain all tools in excellent condition.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repair involving the following on a daily basis: Electrical and plumbing (including water lines), A/C and heating systems, appliances, water irrigation systems, stairs, gates, fences,patios and railings, tile, carpet and flooring, roofing, gutters, fasteners, interior/exterior lights, fireplaces, ceiling fans, gas fixtures and appliances, shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors, boilers, gas and electric, door locks, P.O. boxes and locks, security systems, ceiling leaks, walls, pool area, tile, hot tub/spa, and pool furniture.
- Completing minor repair work, which includes repairing doors, locks, door frames and handles as well as replacing light bulbs, sockets, switches, and window glass.
- Performing regular cleaning duties, which includes sweeping, dusting, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Maintaining all outdoor areas, which entails mowing, trimming, and edging the lawn as well as shoveling snow and ice as required.
- Inspecting control panels and electrical wiring to detect any issues that require immediate attention.
- Taking inventory of maintenance supplies and notifying the Supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Promptly responding to requests for emergency repairs and clean-ups.
- Ensuring that all maintenance equipment is in good working order.
- Assist in the distribution of flyers and other material.
- Handle “on call” duties whenever needed.
- Participate in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Assist in preparing the property for various inspections.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Community Manager or Regional Community Supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in apartment maintenance or a trade that requires basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and HVAC.
- EPA (refrigerant, transition, and recovery certification)
- Own basic set of hand tools.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and auto insurance.
- Ability to perform work responsibilities at other locations and ability to travel within major metropolitan area with possible overnight stays in other cities.
- Ability to work some weekends as needed.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Extensive walking, standing and ability to lift more than 50 lbs. on a routine basis.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, push or pull (move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, fitness center equipment, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical Certification is a plus.