Community Director – Arlington, TXDate Posted: 05/19/2022 Community Director – Arlington, TX ,
The Community Director supervises the control of day-to-day operations and implementation of company policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building within established management operating procedures to assure compliance with all regulatory agency and investors. Which include managing financial matters, coordinating maintenance work, enforcing leases, advertise vacant properties, handle tenant relations to ensure efficient daily operations, meet financial objectives. and preparing performance reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hires, trains, motivates, and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conducts on-going training with office staff, e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed daily.
- File Incident Reports regarding any work-related injuries.
- In conjunction with the RPM, the property manager will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The Community Director is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Actively maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on a timely basis (Example: rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-ins/move-outs, accounts payable, order office supplies, etc.).
- Monitor that all rents, late fees and returned check charges are posted in a timely manner. Ensure that all bank deposits are made immediately, and deposits are reported to 180 Multifamily Management, LLC on a daily basis.
- Performs evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Maximize rental revenue by maintaining high occupancy and reduction of vacancy loss, bad debt loss, and concessions.
- Improve Net Operating Income (NOI) through revenue maximization and expense controls while maintaining the physical asset.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local law and all fair housing laws when conducting applicant approvals. Ensure that credit and criminal reports are obtained for all prospective residents and ensure that company policies and standards regarding income and prior rental history are met. Review and approve all applicant files prior to move in for compliance with policies.
- Oversee the consistency and effectiveness of the Assistant Community Manager and Leasing Consultant associates’ use of policies and procedures, including priority wait lists, phone techniques, application verification and notification.
- Ensure that all show units are inspected daily.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Prepare, process, and sign all leases and related forms or supervise others in doing so.
- Handle evictions and landlord liens.
Resident Service and Maintenance
- Maintain all resident files including move-in sheets, move-out notices, security dispositions and warnings.
- Supervise apartment turnover process (including move-in/out inspections, processing applications, and monitoring unit “make-ready” requirements). Minimize unit “down-time” and vacancy loss due to turnover.
- Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe, and well-maintained community.
- Ensure that maintenance requests are handled on an immediate one-call basis, if possible, and that residents are notified if parts must be ordered, causing a delay.
- Maintain the common areas.
- Ensure the availability of make-ready vacant units.
- Oversee risk management and emergency procedures.
- Continually inspect the property and improvements, recording deficiencies and taking necessary action, within budget limits.
- Maintain key control coding for all units and areas.
- Handle emergencies. Report accidents and emergency situations to your District Manager immediately and prepare all proper reports. Be available 24 hours/7 days a week unless Regional Community Supervisor has been notified. Monitor parking lot for unauthorized vehicles.
- Review weekly reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise outside contractors working on the property.
- As directed by the District Manager, prepare property for code inspections, mortgage inspections and all other inspections.
- Report to District Manager any violations of company policy by employees.
- Develop and enforce community policies and rules.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years property management experience.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations. Be able to work evenings and weekends. Present self in a neat, clean, and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community. Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- College degree preferred.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or
- Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred