The Property Accountant will be responsible for timely and accurately maintaining all accounting books and records for their assigned properties.
Position Reports to: Accounting Manager
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages and meet internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Prepare and post journal entries and accruals for assigned properties.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and bank statements
- Perform an in-depth review of general ledger and income statements, tracking lender reporting and preparing replacement reserve draw requests
- Work closely with the corporate team, Operations Teams, and Property Managers.
- Continual evaluation and improvement of accounting and reporting process automation
- Ensure all documentation is stored and organized on shared company drives or as outlined by Management.
- Monitor areas of attention and formulate solutions as needed.
- Follow established company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (required).
- Experience in the multifamily industry is highly preferred.
- Experience with RealPage is highly preferred.
- Must be technically astute and well versed in MS Office and Excel.
- Experience in Accounting software, such as Yardi, OneSite, or MRI, is a plus.
- Strong organization skills, critical thinking skills, research and resolution skills, and diligence
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Ability to work well under pressure, set up priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Customer service oriented with a positive, initiative-taking work ethic and approach
- Self-motivated, flexible, career-oriented, fast learner, and works well in a team environment.