- Able to work in fast-paced environment while remaining conscientious and adhering to policies and procedures
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service including plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, general maintenance and chiller systems
- Previous maintenance experience
- This position will assist the property management team in overseeing the activities of assigned staff and vendors to ensure the maintenance of the properties
- The Lead Maintenance Technician repairs, installs and maintains a variety of property equipment while participating in in-house construction projects
- The Lead Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the general upkeep of the properties, positive resident relations, and work in the direction of company goals
- The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned
- Maintaining and assigning tasks for a preventive schedule
- Ordering parts and supplies as needed
- Keep Property Manager informed on the overall condition of the property and coordinating resolution of outstanding issues
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation according to state and federal laws and organizational policies and procedure
- Conduct regular safety inspections of the property, correct any unsafe practice or situation
- Train all maintenance staff in the correct handling of chemicals, supplies and equipment
- Ensure all work orders and maintenance programs are completed in a timely manner
- Perform preventive maintenance on plumbing, heating and cooling apparatus, and electrical devices and fixtures
- Repair and installs plumbing fixtures, heating and cooling apparatus, and electrical devices and fixtures
- Operate and maintain shop and other power equipment
- Work with all levels of staff on related projects and duties as assigned
- Complete basic property maintenance service requests as needed such
- Timely reporting of incidents that include property loss or work related injuries
- Assist in the inspections of vacant apartments and takes appropriate action to prepare them for leasing
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Must comply with all local, state, federal guidelines as well as company policies & procedures
- On call duty and weekend work schedules to be expected for emergency maintenance service
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Minimum of one (1) year related training/experience
- HVAC, Journeyman license and certification is preferred
- Available for on-call
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English for business purposes
- must be able to read and write instructions, short correspondence, memos, service requests, and to converse with residents, co-workers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background investigation including criminal record search, employment verification, and drug screen
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders; use hands to grasp, finger, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk; hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be physically capable of moving appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers) with the assistance of an appliance dolly.
- Employees may also be required to lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds with the assistance of a dolly and another employee.
- Must be physically capable of removing, repairing, and reinstalling garbage disposals, light fixtures, doors, refrigerators, sinks, bathroom stools, washers, dryers, and dishwashers.