This position is responsible for all of the following:
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the property.
- Maintaining pool areas including chemical checks, cleaning, and repairs to the system
- Assist with painting and drywall repair.
- Responsible for depositing ice-melt and shoveling snow as necessary during inclement weather
- Assessing extraordinary maintenance required for the property (i.e., replacing guttering, parking lot repairs, repairing outside lighting, repairing, and replacing patio and privacy fences, determining carpet damage)
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the property and curb appeal.
- Replace or repair windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, closets, curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, lights, etc.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete checklists in regard to make-ready.
- Check faucets, sink plugs and repair/replace as necessary. Replace washers when needed. Perform exterior repair to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted.
- Make new keys when requested. Replace vacancy lock (if applicable) on day lock is changed for new resident move-in.
- Lend assistance during trash-out of apartment; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster.
- Report supply needs to manager and/or maintenance supervisor.
- May rotate in the on-call schedule for the property.
- Clean common, amenity and ground areas on a daily basis. Rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Minimum of one (1) year related training/experience
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English for business purposes
- must be able to read and write instructions, short correspondence, memos, service requests, and to converse with residents, co-workers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background investigation including criminal record search, employment verification, and drug screen
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders; use hands to grasp, finger, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk; hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be physically capable of moving appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers) with the assistance of an appliance dolly.
- Employees may also be required to lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds with the assistance of a dolly and another employee.
- Must be physically capable of removing, repairing, and reinstalling: garbage disposals, light fixtures, doors, refrigerators, sinks, bathroom stools, washers, dryers, and dishwashers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance